Since I’m a fairly new blogger I thought it would be fun to do the “ABC’s of…” I’ve recently seen on other blogs.
But before I get to that, I want to share the amazing breakfast I created this morning.
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup water or almond milk
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TSP agave
- 1 TBSP flaxseed meal
For Protein Banana Soft-Serve (Adapted from Choosing Raw):
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- A few splashes unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- Toppings: nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.
- Microwave oats and milk/water until cooked.
- Add cocoa powder and agave.
- Chill in fridge while making the soft-serve.
- Add banana and a few splashes (~2-3 TBSP) of almond milk to your blender.
- Puree until smooth but still thick, adding more splashes of almond milk if needed.
- Add protein powder and blend until incorporated.
- When oats are chilled to your liking, remove from fridge and top with soft-serve.
- Add any toppings you like! I chose walnuts but I wish I would have had some sprinkles!
Next time you’ve got a “case of the Mondays” (or Tuesdays) make yourself a breakfast sundae! I promise it’ll make all of your problems go away. You’re welcome. 😉
Now, onto that survey!
A. Age: 21
B. Bed size: An extra long twin…Dorm room beds– boo.
C. Chore you dislike: Folding laundry! I don’t mind doing laundry, but folding it? No thanks.
D. Dogs: T and I have a cute mut pup, Lola. But she lives in Columbus with him. 😦
E. Essential start to your day: The weather app on my Droid. It’s the first thing I check every morning.
F. Favorite color: Pink!
G. Gold or Silver: Silver. Or white gold. 😉
H. Height: 5’4″
I. Instruments you play(ed): I played the clarinet in middle school and was the last chair both years– just didn’t have the knack for it!
J. Job title: Student– but prior to moving to Cincinnati I was a restaurant cook.
K. Kids: Nada. Maybe someday.
L. Live: Ohio. Back and forth between Cincinnati and Columbus for now.
M. Mom’s name: Shelley.
N. Nicknames: Aimer, Aims, Yolanda/Yoli<– Spanish name from high school Spanish class. My friend still calls me by it.
O. Overnight hospital stays: None so far.
P. Pet peeve: It is a strong tie between people who talk with their mouths full and people who leave dirty dishes laying around…gross!
Q: Quote from a movie: “That’s a negative, Ghost Rider…”- Top Gun. For some reason this is how a few of my friends and I always say “No.”
R. Righty or Lefty: Righty.
S. Siblings: One younger brother, he’s 19.
T. Time you wake up: 6:30 on MWF and 7 or 7:30 on all other days.
U. Underwear: I’ll forgive you for this dirrrty question…
V. Vegetables you don’t like: Kale. The only way I’ll eat it is in “chip” form and doused with ketchup…so I don’t think that really counts…
W. What makes you run late: Deciding I don’t like what I’m wearing at the last minute. Or forgetting to paint my nails and doing so at the very last second. Both are common culprits.
X. X-rays: None.
Y. Yummy foods you make: Breakfast sundaes!
Z. Zoo animal favorite: Reptiles and fish
Now you know 🙂
Well, I’m off to do some studying and then hit up spin later on tonight!
What toppings would you choose for YOUR breakfast sundae?